2017 EERMC Annual Report
- Provided consumers with over $2.3 billion in economic benefits;
- Created over 23,000 job-years of employment economy-wide;
- Produced over 1.3 million MWh of electricity savings and over 2.4 million MMBtu of natural gas savings; and
- Will avoid 7 million metric tones of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Build on the successful creation of the Rhode Island Infrastructure Bank and facilitate new financing options for all sectors of the economy.
- Address the funding issues and support efficiency investments in unregulated fuels, such as oil and propane, for consumers and businesses.
- Continue to support Rhode Island’s Comprehensive Energy Conservation, Efficiency, and Affordability Act of 2006, by passing legislation that facilitates and enhances its implementation, and by resisting efforts to limit the amount of cost-effective efficiency that should be secured.
- Watch carefully what happens with federal appliance efficiency standards, and look for opportunities to secure savings by adopting and piggybacking on efficiency standards in other jurisdictions (such as California) if the federal standards efforts languish.
- Ensure that all customers and segments of the market have the opportunity to benefit from efficiency savings by encouraging and supporting efforts that benefit those who are economically vulnerable, and those who are currently above poverty guidelines bu need significant assistance to make efficiency investments.