K-12 Educator Training
THE FUTURE OF ENERGY: An Educator’s Toolkit
The RI Energy Efficiency and Resource Management Council has partnered with GBRI to provide FREE energy efficiency training for educators in Rhode Island.
These 3-hour continuing education workshops are based on a K-12 curriculum developed by the National Energy Education Development (NEED) Project for Rhode Island. This program is designed to help educators teach and engage students on important topics including energy efficiency, renewable energy, climate science, and energy equity.
ABOUT THE CURRICULUM
The “Energy, Climate, and You” curriculum was developed for Rhode Island teachers and students by The National Energy Education Development (NEED) Project in partnership with the Rhode Island Energy Efficiency and Resource Management Council, the Rhode Island Department of Health Climate Change Program. This multidisciplinary unit introduces students to energy consumption, energy efficiency, conservation and energy burden in Rhode Island, and how energy use can impact the climate and the health of Rhode Islanders. Hands-on materials can be purchased by contacting NEED.
- Intermediate/Secondary Teacher Guide (Grades 6-12)
- Intermediate/Secondary Student Guide
- Elementary Teacher Guide (Grades 3-5)
- Elementary Student Guide
- Primary Teacher/Student Guide (Grades K-2)
WHO IS GBRI?
Based in NYC, with a presence around the world, GBRI is a privately-owned, online gamified education platform, with a mission to make sustainability resources affordable and accessible to everyone across the globe. With a library of over 400 courses in sustainability and project controls, and a network of over 200 subject matter experts in both fields, GBRI is the premier sustainability education provider in the world.
FALL 2022 WORKSHOPS – ALL VIRTUAL
- Thursday, November 17th – 2:00 – 5:00 PM ET
- Thursday, November 17th – 6:00 – 9:00 PM ET
- Saturday, November 19th – 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM ET
- Saturday, November 19th – 2:00 – 5:00 PM ET
- Wednesday, December 7th – 6:00 – 9:00 PM ET
- On-Demand – Access the self-guided course at your convenience!
- Free K-12 energy curriculum developed by The NEED Project for Rhode Island
- 3 hours of continuing education credits per session (potential to earn up to 16 more credits)
- Fully customizable PowerPoint slides and materials developed by GBRI
- Creative short educational videos to share with students and social media
- Interactive activities & student engagement ideas
- Course certificate and socially shareable Energy Equity badge
- $75 Amazon gift card on training completion – WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!